The adventures of Cam

Hello and welcome to a world where funny, crazy and unexpected things happen... after a hard year getting my Masters Degree and having a crazy Summer in London, I decided to go and work for the South Korean government on several teaching projects (Comm Design & English) for a private design middle school
and design university... my new adventure has begun!




Tuesday 29 September 2009

I love school...

.....Autumn is slowly setting in as the leaves are starting to fall and the evening temperature is dropping-but its still t-shirt whether, haha!

I finally decided to head down to Yongsan to get my very first SLR camera and boy was I spoiled for choice! I ended up getting the Canon 350D (kiss x2), decided to upgrade the lens to a 28-90mm zoom, got 4gig memory card (over 1000 pics), bag, and lcd cover...all for the bargain price of 800K.
The next day Wednesday was the final day of mid-term exams so all my students wanted to let me know how they did and like most people, were glad the exams were over!


I wasn't sure why the girls cover their mouths but was later informed by one student that it makes them look prettier......you've got me?! And to let you all know... tasteless school dinner's is a global issue-NOT GOOD!
So im liking the Korean school environment a lot! First there's the uniforms, which are much better in terms of design, than their british counterpart....and they have the students name written on it, which helps as a lot of them look similar to my untrained eyes. Secondly, I like that everyone wears slippers inside as not to dirty the floors...its just common sense, love it.

Nothing else has changed though.....oh, this weekend is a national holiday (Chuseok), its the korean 'Thanks Giving'. So school is closed on Friday. Just have to teach 5 classes this week...easy peasy! So i took my camera out and took some snaps of the campus, my desk and my classroom.


Things are pretty relaxing here as the school is located halfway up/down a mountain...erm no thats not an exaggeration!


No comments:

Post a Comment