The adventures of Cam

Hello and welcome to a world where funny, crazy and unexpected things happen... after a hard year getting my Masters Degree and having a crazy Summer in London, I decided to go and work for the South Korean government on several teaching projects (Comm Design & English) for a private design middle school
and design university... my new adventure has begun!




Thursday 1 April 2010

CS'ers in Seoul

Many of you may not know, but I do a fair amount of 'couchsurfing', which is either hosting a stranger who is visiting Seoul or when I travel I could also search for a couch (i only host atm), so far iv'e hosted 2 couples from the US, a girl from Egypt and a guy from Japan. Dave is from Jamaica and teaches in Japan so i didnt want to pass up the chance of uniting with a fellow Jamaican (and for my Seoulites who are still confused-my parents are from the Caribbean... not Africa).


Dave also met another CSer, Julia lives in Korea... she is half Korean, half Japanese.... but doesn't use her japanese in Korea (for obvious reasons) and her attitude is very free and very refreshing, which stands out from the conservative nature of the average korean girl (more about that later!).


We went for dinner and coffee in Gangnam (one of my 3 favorite areas in Seoul). There aren't many foreigners here (except the main street), so it still feels authetic but in a modern and fashionable way.





No comments:

Post a Comment