The adventures of Cam

Hello and welcome to a world where funny, crazy and unexpected things happen... after a hard year getting my Masters Degree and having a crazy Summer in London, I decided to go and work for the South Korean government on several teaching projects (Comm Design & English) for a private design middle school
and design university... my new adventure has begun!




Saturday 19 December 2009

A date with my 2nd Graders

I took my 2nd grade students to see a korean christmas play in Apgujeoung (the so-called Beverley Hills of Korea, although how it got that reputation is beyond me!).

It was a small production, but was executed very well. The entire play was recited in Italian singing, with korean subtitles....really good.





My student Kitty was trying so hard to read all of the subtitles (they were really quick!)

So the show ended around 1pm, at which point we were all on the verge of starvation...i headed to my favorite store in Korea-Butterfingers, being a Saturday it was pretty busy, so i decided i will take out. I cheekily took a menu from a random girl's hand as i knew she'd done ordering-she looks up and asks who am i with, and once i tell her im alone she demanded that i join her and her sister for lunch to make up for the menu-snatching. So im having lunch with Catherine, 23 (i gave her an english name, which she will now adopt for the rest of her life) and her older sister, 25 (Brooke-who speaks little english)....had fun, will be hanging out with them again im sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment